Giant Spider Crab
Giant Spider Crab with Fried Rice
This spider crab was caught off the coast of Devon by some friends and with a bit of work can make a stunning dish. Please watch my YouTube video to see how this is done
1 cup cooked Spider crab/Crab meat
3 tablespoons of veg oil
6 large cloves minced garlic
4 cups cooked and let cold white rice
1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 white onion chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
1 chop pepper bell
2 spring onions, chopped
1/4 cup coriander , chopped
Boil fresh crab for 15 minutes
Get the meat out * see Video
Put the meat aside for cooking later
First, prepare all of your ingredients, including your, onions, garlic, pepper, coriander and spring onion. Prepare the beaten eggs as well and set them aside.
1. Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic stirring for 30 seconds.
2. When the garlic is just cooked just before it starts to turn golden. Add the white and red chopped onions and stir fry them for bit.
3. Pour the beaten egg evenly over the pan and continue to stir fry them.
4. Add chopped pepper into cook as well.
5. Add the cooked rice to the pan and turn up the heat to high. Stir fry the rice for 3 minutes or so until they are thoroughly combined with the garlic/onion/pepper mixture.
6. Now for the flavourings: add the white pepper, oyster sauce and soy sauce to the rice. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
7. Add the salt to your taste. Stir-fry to combine. Using your spatula, spread the rice out into an even layer along the surface of the pan.
8. Stir the rice until all of the egg is cooked and incorporated.
9. Add the crab meat to the rice and stir fry thoroughly.
10. Plate up and garnish with Coriander and Spring Onions